5 New Year’s Resolutions for Clean Energy
What is the most common thing people focus on in the month of January? They usually focus on their goals. Now that the holiday season is over and a New Year has begun, it is common for the attention to be placed on goals and how to obtain those goals for the year. Do you have any specific resolutions for 2020? Here are a few clean energy initiatives that you might consider this year:
- Minimize Air Conditioning: When the weather is pleasant, try using fresh air to cool the house instead of turning on the air conditioner. As the temperatures drop in the evening, shut off the HVAC system and open the windows to cool down the house.
- Solar Power Outdoor Lights: It’s nice to have lights in the yard and driveway at night, but the costs can add up throughout the year. Replace these outdoor lights with solar powered versions. The energy is drawn during the day, so the lights can be powered at night using natural, clean energy.
- Clothesline Drying: The modern convenience of a washer and dryer can be nice at times, but consider cutting your energy usage by hanging clothes to dry when it makes sense. Using a clothesline instead of the dryer can save you an approximate $.36 per load. Plus, it feels good knowing that your clothing was dried using the air and sun. Or you can save money on your electric bill, by using your appliances before 4 p.m. or after 9 p.m. each day.
- Natural Shade: Prepare for the future by strategically planting trees in the yard that will provide natural shade. It will take a few years for the trees to grow, but you will love the benefits when the trees have grown large enough to shade your home.
- Residential Solar Power: Why not make the full investment and install a residential solar power system? This equipment allows you to enjoy all the modern conveniences at home, while lowering your carbon footprint and doing your part for our planet. Solar power generates the electricity you need from the sun to power your electronics, appliances, lights, and more.
Are you interested in learning more about the benefits of installing solar on your home? Feel free to call one of our team members at New Day Solar. We have been installing solar for over 31 years and will always give you honest answers to your solar questions. Schedule a free, no obligation consultation by calling: (855) 444-6329 or visit online at: www.newdaysolar.com.