Simple Steps to Decrease the Household’s Carbon Footprint
Your shoe size doesn’t matter when measuring your carbon footprint. People of all ages and sizes contribute to environmental pollution, which is why we all need to increase our awareness of options to manage carbon emissions. There is a lot of talk about climate change and global warming… have you taken the initiative to make sure that you are doing your part to help with this serious problem?
It might seem hard to know what you can do. Some people feel like their efforts are insignificant compared to the changes that need to happen around the world. Even though climate change is bigger than one individual, the collective efforts can make a difference. You can start the process and encourage friends and family to do their part as well.
Here are a few simple things that can be done in your house to decrease the carbon footprint of your property:
- Change the Lightbulbs: Do you have any of the old-style lightbulbs? Switching an outdated bulb to a compact fluorescent bulb or LED’s can decrease as much as 1,300 pounds of carbon dioxide pollution in the lifespan of the bulb due to decreased electricity usage.
- Carpool: Whether you are commuting to work or you need to get the kids to school, consider carpool options to reduce emissions.
- Unplug Unused Electronics: Even if you turn off the gadgets in your home, they will still pull power if they are plugged into the wall. Look for small ways to decrease this power usage. For example, unplug the phone charger or toaster when it’s not in use.
- Install a Smart Thermostat: Small changes in the thermostat settings can have a significant impact on your utility bills. Use a smart thermostat to regulate the temperature throughout the day.
- Invest in Solar Panels: Instead of depending on carbon-fueled electricity from the grid, invest in a residential solar system. You can also take advantage of the 30% Federal Tax Credit for solar.
Not only will these changes help you feel good in knowing that you are protecting the environment. You will also save money due to the decreased energy costs each month. For more information about changes that can be made in your home, our team at New Day Solar is here to help! We have 30 years of solar experience and will answer your solar questions honestly. We will design a system to meet the energy needs for you and your family. Call us at: (855) 444-6329 or visit us online at: www.newdaysolar.com.